Quiet HugMaranta Tricolor
1. Choose delivery city
This tropical plant is native to Central America. The intense green color of its leaves and its contrasts in red and cream have made it one of the most popular in homes and workplaces.
It is also known as "the praying plant" for its nocturnal ritual of folding and gathering its leaves in an upright position every night.
- We recommend placing this plant in your room so you can take advantage of its benefits as a natural humidifier.
- This plant is safe for children and pets.
- Light: Maranta does better in a well-lit place, but direct sunlight can burn its delicate leaves.
- Water: constant watering is vital. Water it 3 or 4 times a week and make sure that the soil stays moist. A good idea to retain and distribute moisture is to place a dish with clay stones under the pot. During winter it will be enough to water it 1 or 2 times a week.
- Humidity: we recommend spraying your leaves with water 2 or 3 times per week.
- Fertilizer: it is very good to add fertilizer during the months of growth in summer.
- Temperature: the ambient temperature should never be less than 10 degrees. However, for the plant to develop well, the average temperature should be between 13 and 26 degrees.
What you should avoid
- The Maranta detests direct exposure to sunlight that causes spots on the leaves. A shaded place in a bright room is the perfect place for her.
- If your environment is very dry, we recommend placing several plants together in a room for a touch of freshness that will also bring a cheerful touch of nature to your home.
- Marantas are excellent natural air purifiers that also help maintain the right level of humidity in the environment. This is due to the large amount of water it absorbs and its high levels of perspiration.
Pot sold separately