Also known as "Swiss cheese plant" for the distinctive holes in its leaves.
This plant is native to Central America. Its iconic, split leaves are so pretty that they’ve been featured extensively in art and design.
It belongs to the family of the aráceas, and it resists the heat well. In its natural habitat it is a climbing plant, and develops aerial roots that allow it to cling to logs and walls. In addition, this plant is very resistant and easy to care for.
Pot size: 19-22cm
- We recommend cleaning it’s leaves on a regular basis to allow it absorb the sunlight better.
- It is not safe for pets, especially cats.
- Light: this plant loves the Sun. It is best to find a bright place where it receives a lot of indirect light.
- Watering: Your Monstera is somewhat drought tolerant, so you don’t need to worry about keeping up with the watering all the time. Don’t allow the pot to stand in water, as this will cause root rot. The right time to water is when the topsoil has dried.
- Humidity: it is not necessary to spray it, since this plant prefers dryness.
- Temperatures: It can withstand low temperatures, although not frost. The minimum temperature to have it outdoors should not be less than 5º. That is why it is a very suitable plant for temperate climates such as the Mediterranean.
- Fertilizer: Feed your plant once a month throughout the spring and summer. A little bit of food will go a long way to encourage growth and root health.
What you should avoid
- An excessive amount of water can destroy its leaves. Before watering, always remember to check the soil first to make sure the top 3cm are dry before watering again.
Thanks to the beauty of its striking bright green leaves, this plant is widely used in decoration.
Pot sold separately
Glorious GreenMonstera Deliciosa
1. Choose delivery city