Always let your sweetheart know how much he/she means to you. Though it may sound cliché, one of the easiest ways to do so is by telling the person. Sometimes, attempting to profess your love can seem a bit cheesy. In fact, it almost never sounds as smooth as it in the movies. Instead of a romantic effect, what you may end up creating is an awkward moment. What if you were offered all you needed to help you to get the words you need to flow freely? We have created a list of romantic quotes that are perfect for the love of your life.
You will find the following romantic quotes:
- Romantic Quotes from Movies
- Romantic Quotes from Famous Persons
- Romantic Quotes from Songs
- Romantic Quotes from Books
- Sweet Romantic Quotes
Quotes from Movies
Movies are a great source of inspiration for ways to express your love. While the actors are simply playing a character, the ideas they portray are applicable in the real world. Check out the below quotes based on lines from movies.
- To me, you embody perfection – Love Actually
- Putting someone else before yourself is the definition of true love – Frozen
- I’ve fallen in love with the way you fall asleep. First, I did slowly; then I did all at once – The Fault in Our Stars
- You deserve to be kissed daily, and it should be by someone who knows how – Gone with the Wind
- It’s an incredible feeling to find someone who loves you back. Finding your true soulmate feels even better. No matter what, your soulmate is the one who is there for you forever, and loves you like no other – P.S. I Love You
Quotes from Famous Persons
Many famous persons are known for their inspirational words. Enjoy these words of wisdom and love.
- You know your love is real when you can’t sleep because your dreams do not compare to your reality – Dr. Seuss
- Love is oblivious to barriers. It glides over hurdles and fences, and it penetrates walls to reach its destination – Maya Angelou
- The ultimate happiness is finding someone who loves you for no reason, and showering that person with reasons – Robert Brault
- It is better to have loved and have lost, than to never have loved – Alfred Tennyson
- Happy marriages are long conversations that always feel too short – Andre Marois
- Every heart sings an incomplete song until another completes it. Those who want to sing can always find the matching piece – Plato
- Even reason cannot understand the heart’s reason – Blaire Pascal
Quotes from Songs
- I’ll never be closer to heaven than when I’m with you – Iris, Goo Goo Dolls
- Take my hand and my life as I can’t help but fall in love with you – Can’t Help Falling in Love, Elvis Presley
- Let the world know we got it right at last. You’re the one I choose, and I will be yours. You will be mine as you’re the one I choose. We aren’t perfect, but we’ll learn from the past. No matter how long it seems, I will aim to prove the love I have for you – I Choose You, Sara Bareilles
Books are some of the best places to get ideas for expressing what’s on your heart. Even lessons in love can be taught by a good read. Look at the quotes below based on a few famous novels.
- All of us are strange, and life is also strange. Once we find someone whose weirdness matches ours, we enjoy our strangeness together. This is what we call true love – True Love, Thich Nhat Hanh
- There is something about her smile that is more beautiful than the stars to me – Across the Universe, Beth Revis
- There is no correct place or time for true love. It is quick and accidental – The Truth About Forever – Sarah Dessen
- I love you though I am unsure how, where, or when to do so. I love you with no pride or problems. We are so connected that when your eyes close, I fall asleep – 100 Love Sonnets, Pablo Neruda
Here are a few bonus sweet quotes based on various sources.
- The universe helped me find you in a beautiful conspiracy. This is the reason I love you – The Alchemist, Paolo Coelho
- I will walk into the park with you. I’ll walk into the jungle with you, and I’ll walk through the dark with you. Never have I loved another the way I love you. We’ve been everywhere together. Being with you is sweeter than being barefoot on a summer night – Home, Edward Sharpe, and the Magnetic Zeros
- I’ll kiss you, and I’ll miss you. I’ll give you my coat to ease the cold. I’ll feed you, and I need you. You can even hold the remote. I’ll take you to bed when you’ve had too many drinks. I’ll do the dishes in the sink. Give me the chance to be the one to grow old with you – The Wedding Singer
As you can see, there are many places from which you can draw inspiration. Help the one you love to understand how you feel. The quotes above are just a few examples you can use to say what’s on your heart. Note, however, that people like to feel appreciated and they like to feel as if you put some effort into the things you do and the things you say. So, while it is commendable that you’re doing some research to help with your expression, be original. You may use these quotes as a basis but put your own spin on things. Let your personality shine with all you do and say. Good luck!