Know someone who is born in January? Struggling to find the perfect (and budget-friendly) gift? We share birthday ideas to wow and shower that January baby in your life. Whether you have known them all your life, or they are a colleague, and you feel obligated to get them a gift – whatever the reason, we share birthday ideas that are sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
We are going to cover:
- January birthday gift ideas
- Traits of a January baby
- How to make their birthday a special one
January Birthday Gift Ideas
Here are some birthday gift ideas to give someone born in January.
- Garnet – Garnet is the birthstone of those born in January. The garnet stone is known to represent health, peace, and prosperity. It is said that when you give the recipient a garnet stone, you are wishing them happiness, health, and wealth.
- Carnation and Snowdrop – January is one of the months where there are two birth flowers. While the winter months can be dark and gloomy, you can brighten their day with some carnation and snowdrops. A pink carnation represents friendship, while a red one represents love. Snowdrops used to be considered a bad-luck flower; however, it is now a flower that represents hope and beauty.
- Personalized agenda – January marks a new year, which means new goals and milestones. Keeping in theme with the month, why not surprise them with a customized agenda that is engraved with their name? This is sure to help them keep track of all their activities since January babies are known to be high-achieving and multi-tasking individuals.
- Fitness gadget – Whether you go with FitBit or an Apple Watch, surprise them on their birthday with a fitness gadget. With so many to choose from, as well as their functionality, this is an excellent gift for anyone looking to start the year on the right foot.
- Adventure or experience – Those born in January thrive on adventure and the unknown; therefore, getting them a birthday gift along these lines is sure to put a smile on their face. From zip-lining to sky-diving, whatever the extreme adventure or experience is, chances are your January friend is going to be all over it.
Traits of a January Baby
Is there someone in your life who is super laid back, easy-going, and a who is a fan of winter? Chances are that someone was born in January. Certain traits distinguish a person born in January than any other month. What are some other characteristics of a January baby?
Someone born in January is most likely to:
- Be athletic – Babies born in January are typically athletic and fit. Some famous athletes include cross-fit competitor Matt Fraser, footballer D’Andre Swift, and Adrien Martinez, to name a few.
- Problem solvers – Do you ever find yourself in a pickle and then turning to a specific friend for help? Is their birthday in January? If so, it makes sense that you turn to them as your problem solver. January babies are known for being creative and problem solvers.
- High achievers – Those born in January typically end up being doctors or accountants because of their ability to think critically and analytically. They are high-achievers and are hard-working. Those who choose a route different than a doctor or accountant typically end up as the CEO of a large corporation.
- Left-handed – See how many of your friends born in January are left-handed, as a study from the University of Vienna found a high correlation between being born in January and being left-handed.
- Life of the party – Maybe, it is because they mark the start of the year that they are just naturally the life of the party and center stage? January babies are full of energy and gust. Chances are you have someone in your life who is always full of life, and whenever there’s a party, it never is a party until they arrive.
- Old soul – January babies join a select group of individuals who seem to be wise beyond their years. Do you find yourself turning to your January friend and asking them for help, advice, or wisdom? It probably has to do with their old-soul trait.
January babies can be easily distinguishable from others because of these traits that are far and few in some people. How many people do you know can be the center of attention yet provide wisdom beyond their years? Not many, and if you know someone, there is a good chance that they were born in January!
How to Make Their Birthday a Special One
Whether you are celebrating a Sweet 16 or a Dirty 30, whatever the age, you want to make sure that your friend or family member’s birthday is a special one. One way of making their birthday special is inviting those who are important and special to them. This can be their friends, colleagues, and of course, family. For milestone birthdays, you want to go big and make sure that they get the much-deserved attention, as birthdays can sometimes make them feel shy and humbled. Celebrate their birth and celebrate them for all they’ve done for you and those around them.
If your January friend is not a fan of birthday parties, plan a trip somewhere special and exciting. Don’t have much time? Las Vegas would be an excellent birthday destination that your January friend is going to enjoy. It has everything that they would like – bright lights, adventure, and of course, one heck of a memorable time.
On a budget? Not much a fan of Vegas? Don’t worry – there are other ways of celebrating and making their birthday a special one. Consider a paint-party, fitness party, or even a cooking party. Remember that they are going to be excited about whatever you plan, and no matter how much you spend on them – all they care about is the fact you have taken the time to make their day a memorable one.