5 min read
Unsure as to what kind of gift to give your aunt? Read on for some ideas for what to give your aunt this birthday.
In this article, we are going to cover:
- Planning for the perfect gift
- Themes for birthday gifts
Planning for the Perfect Gift
When it comes to birthday presents, going overboard and overbudget can be easy. To help with buying a birthday gift for your aunt, it is best to have a budget in mind. Setting a budget can help determine what gifts are available as possible options.
You might feel pressured to spend a lot, but when it comes to birthdays, especially for an aunt, know that whatever you give them, they are going to appreciate it. Why? Because it is the thought that counts.
Some budget-friendly tips to consider include:
- Potluck Gathering – What better way to celebrate a family gathering than with a potluck? Organizing a potluck gathering encourages friends and family to come together and make the event momentous. Potlucks are casual, which means there is no need to worry about pressures or expectations. Make your aunt’s birthday a special one by bringing together all the people who love and cherish her with a family and friends’ potluck.
- Keep it Simple – If you have gone with a potluck or even a casual gathering, why not include some fun activities? So often we think birthdays are about the presents, but the truth is, it is about the memories. Your aunt is going to appreciate the thought and effort you have put into making her day a special and memorable affair. Another “keep it simple” idea you can do for your aunt’s birthday is to have a slideshow of special moments with her.
- Sentimental Gifts – The best gifts are the gifts that come from the heart. These types of sentimental gifts can be pictures you have drawn over the years for her, letters, or little keepsakes. Sentimental gifts do not require one to break the bank; if anything, they need time to put together. Do you have a special, cherished memory with your aunt? Why not add that in your gift-box of memories? Chances are when she receives the gift, it is going to be her most favorite and cherished one.
Don’t have a budget for a present? Here are some great gift ideas to give your aunt on her birthday that is sure to be a big hit.
- Journal – Does your aunt enjoy writing? Maybe you have noticed over the years who she always wrote down things you both did? If you know your aunt is a writer, a beautiful leather-bound journal would make a great gift. Have a bit more money to spend? You can include a special pen with your journal.
- Personalized Keychain– Are you looking to remind your aunt that you are her favorite niece or nephew? You can have a keychain personalized with a photo of yourself or the two of you.
- Charm/Bracelet – Does your aunt have a bracelet that features individual charms? Why not buy her a new charm or bracelet? No woman is going to turn down jewelry, and with a charm or bracelet, your aunt can wear the gift and be reminded of your thoughtfulness.
- Spa or Massage Gift Certificate –Want a gift that says, “Thanks for always being there for me growing up?” You can buy your aunt a spa or massage gift certificate. This is going to be appreciated, but you can also write in the card that this is your way of thanking her for all that she did for you.
- E–Reader/Gadget – Want to bring your aunt up to date with some gadgets? Is your aunt an avid reader? You can purchase an e-reader and a gift card to buy online books. E-readers vary in price and don’t necessarily have to break the bank. From Amazon to Kobo, you can find an e-reader for under $100. If you want something that is a bit more versatile and is not just an e-reader, there are a few options for a mix of tablet and e-reader.
Similarly, to the e-reader, you can find also find tablets for under $100. Is your aunt a fan of solitaire? You can pre-load her tablet with her favorite games and songs. Another great gift to get your aunt is a smart home hub. If your aunt loves to listen to music, you can buy her an Amazon Alexa. These go for under $50, and they are straightforward to set up and use.
It does not matter if she is your aunt by blood or because she is your mom’s best friend. Regardless of how she ended up in your life, you want to let her know how much she means to you on her birthday. Whether you choose to get her something expensive or not, it is the thought and effort that you put into buying them something they are going to like. Aunts are a member of the family who is there for all our milestones. There is a reason they say it takes a village to raise a child because it is true. Your aunt was there for all your milestones, from first steps, first words, breakups, and more – why not show her just how much she has impacted you and your life?