Have you ever thought about what can you write or say to someone on their birthday in order to make them feel important and appreciated? Let’s keep reading to find out more about:
Birthdays in Different Cultures and Religions
A birthday is a celebration of a person having a reason for being. It defines the purpose of anyone’s journey. A birthday might also mean the evolution in time of an individual, their metamorphosis, which depends on the qualities developed, achievements, and many others that represent someone’s identity.
Although cultures and religions differ widely, most of them seem to accept the idea of a birthday as a special day. In Ancient Persia, the day when they celebrated the most was their birthday. The wealthy used to eat good food, in abundance, while the poorer classes had more frugal celebrations.
The Romans celebrated birthdays in their specific ways: hedonistic parties and generous presents.
The Jewish might have another perspective on this celebration. According to Rabbi Yissocher, a birthday has a spiritual meaning; on this day, the person’s prayers are more likely to be accepted by divinity.
In Hinduism, according to a source, death is more favorable than birth, because the person is free from the boundaries of the material society.
Buddhists celebrate the birth of Buddha, with a formal ritual, while they treat Buddha’s statue as he was alive (bathing and “feeding” him).
Ideas of Birthday Quotes
Is your best friend’s birthday coming up and you have no idea what you should wish them? We suggest to wish them “Life is too short to be lived counting years. Just enjoy the ride and make awesome memories.” It’s a good thought and encourages them to live each day to the fullest.
If you have a friend who is an artist or just appreciates colors this may be a good way to transmit good thoughts: “Happy birthday my dear friend, may the bright colors paint your life for you to be happy forever. Stay blessed.”
But, for some people, the funny quotes are the most suitable for friends: “Like a fine wine, we get better with age… or rather, we feel better about our age with lots of wine!” You may share this quote with your friend and enjoy precious time together.
When it comes with our parents, wishes can become deeper, sentimental, thoughtful:
* “I am glad that you are my parent that guides me always, and I would like to say thank you and a warm happy birthday!” This shows appreciation to your parents; it is always a great idea to show parents how much they mean for their children.
* “Dear mom/dad, thank you for sharing with me your vast wisdom, thank you for believing in me and being there always, when I need it most. I wish you a joyous day and a wonderful year ahead!” This is the perfect message for a birthday card to one of your parents, focused not only on the present but wishing them a great year.
If you are married, you probably think that is so overwhelming to compose some special words for your wife, especially because you have to celebrate too many anniversaries and remember too many dates in just one year: your relationship anniversary, your marriage date, the day you moved in together, the engagement day, her birthday, her mother‘s birthday and so on.
Here we are to help you. You should consider: “More than a wife, in you I have found a friend for life.” If it rhymes, she may be more impressed; an extra tip would be to make sure you are not late on remembering her special day!
Is your boss’s birthday coming? The quote depends on the relationship you have with them. If they are an inspiration for everyone, a good leader that everyone appreciates, you can try the following ideas:
* “Your dedication and determination inspires us to be dedicated and determined. You make us better at what we do. Here’s to the best boss we ever had! Have the happiest of birthdays!”
* “This job just wouldn’t be the same without you. Thanks for being such a great boss.”
But, if you can’t stand them at all, a simple “Happy Birthday” might be enough.
Best Type of Flowers to Give on A Birthday
What is a better way to express your appreciation and gratitude to a person than giving him/her a significant, meaningful present? There is nothing that can symbolize more than a flower. Nothing says “I love you,” “I appreciate you,” “I’m grateful for you,” or “You are beautiful” better than a gorgeous, bright, and colored flower.
However, different flowers have different meanings, some are more suitable for some persons in your life than others. Here are some ideas:
* Lilies might be more suitable for your mom or grandma, a sister, or a friend because they represent happiness and positivity and they come in a variety of colors; thus, it is easier to find something that matches their personality.
* Orchids, an exotic flower, may be suitable for your wife or girlfriend because they transmit the perfect combination of beauty, love, and strength.
* Roses are perfect for anyone but their colors can symbolize different feelings. White represents purity and innocence, yellow might be joy, friendships, and new beginnings, pink is admiration and, of course, the red color that clearly means romantic love and passion.
All in all, it is always an awesome experience when you make someone else feel appreciated and special, especially on their birthdays.