Most people look forward to their birthdays; they see it as a day of celebration, or as a day that marks how far they have come in life. While others view the concept of birthdays from a negative point of view to them, birthdays only serves as a reminder that they are ageing, and nobody wants to be reminded of that. Irrespective of the category the birthday person falls into, you can put a smile on their face, or get them to laugh with some funny birthday puns.
You can even positively affect how a person feels about the notion of birthdays. Include a humorous birthday pun in a card you want to send out or include it in your speech during a birthday party. Either way, let the celebrant know that birthdays can be a day of laughter or fun. After all, what is a birthday celebration without some good old puns?
In this article, we are going to address the following points to clarify the importance of birthday puns further.
* What are birthday puns?
* Why we need laughter.
* Examples of birthday puns.
* Gift ideas for birthdays.
What are Birthday Puns?
An invitation to a friend’s or family’s birthday party has crossed your desk, but you don’t have the money to buy an expensive gift. So you settle for a card and maybe some flowers. A pen is in your hands, and a blank card lays on your desk because you have no idea where to begin. You don’t want to write something too serious because after all, it is a party. Yet you don’t know how to be funny; this is where birthday puns come in to lend you a helping hand.
We shall first understand the meaning of the word pun. Collins English Dictionary defines pun as «witty or amusing use of a word or phrase with two meanings or of words with the same sounds but different meanings.»
Therefore, birthday puns are goofy statements based on birthdays designed to make the reader or listener laugh. They are a play on words to cause a humorous response.
Why We Need Laughter
The universe often cannot resist sending bad news our way. The world is filled with so much sorrow we need to find little moments in between to laugh, smile, and also remember the good things. What better way to bring joy to somebody than on their birthday. You might not have much to give, but words are free.
You can easily send a card, a message, or even drop by wishing the person a happy birthday. Whatever action you choose to follow, you can include a birthday pun in your statement and put a smile on their face. We believe that is the best gift you can give to someone.
<h2>Examples of Birthday Puns</h2>
Now that you understand what birthday puns are and why it is needed, you must be ready to see some examples of the phrases we have been making a fuss about. The puns listed below are guaranteed to at least put a smile on your face
* What is the worst part about birthdays? Too many can kill you.
* Why do your loved ones remind you of how old you are? Age is relative.
* What do people call a 21st birthday? A beer-today
* Did you hear about the tree’s birthday? It was sappy
* Why do popcorns have great birthdays? Because they are always popping.
* What’s a favorite elf kind of birthday cake? Shortcake
* Why don’t birthday candles ever exercise? They burn out too quickly
* What do you always get on your birthday? Another year older.
* What did one candle say to the other? Don’t birthdays burn you up?
* Why do candles love birthday so much? They want to get lit
* Why don’t owls exchange birthday gifts? Because they don’t give a hoot.
* Why are you always warmest on your birthday? People won’t stop toasting you.
* How do you know when you’re getting older? When the candles don’t fit on the cake
* Happy birthday to someone old enough to go vintage shopping in their wardrobe
* You are the exception to the rule that getting old means getting wiser.
However, when picking a birthday pun, you can tailor it to specifically meet the characteristics or job of the person it is addressed to. Doing this might make the person feel a lot more unique.
* For a hunter- what birthday present can you get for a hunter? A birthday pheasant.
* For a therapist- why did the birthday cake visit the therapist? Because it was feeling grumpy.
* For a doctor- what did the doctor tell the birthday boy when he got a heartburn from eating so much cake? Take the candles off.
* For a lover of cats- where do you get a birthday present for your cat? A cat-alogue.
* For parents- you know you are getting old when there is nothing to learn the hard way.
* For a sibling- being related to me is the best gift you could receive.
You think you can create funnier puns than those stated above, then go ahead. If the puns you wrote can cause others to laugh that you are on the right track.
Gift Ideas for Birthdays
Who says a birthday gift has to be extravagant? You mustn’t break the bank looking for a gift to give to a special someone. Below are a few examples of gifts you can attach to a card containing a birthday pun
* A bouquet
* A collection of scented candles
* A fruit basket
* A journal coupled with colorful stationaries
* A simple piece of jewelry
* A deck of cards
* A bottle of wine
* A box of chocolates.
Calm that troubled heart of yours and have no worries when you think about what birthday present you can get for a special someone. Purchase a card, or better yet, you can make one, write a birthday pun in it, attach the card to a flower, and you’re good to go.