3 min read
We’re going to consider if this is still the best way to win the heart of your special someone. Additionally, we’ll look at the flowers that will impress at any stage of a relationship.
Are first date flowers a good idea?
Some sources recommend not giving first date flowers at all and there are good reasons for this. First and foremostly, it’s essential to take care you don’t put your date under excessive pressure at this early stage of your relationship. A first date is a chance to become better acquainted more than anything else. It could be better to save such a forthright token of affection until you know each other a little more.
However, that doesn’t mean first date flowers are dead as a concept completely. It can still be a sweet gesture if done right. Although, it totally depends on the person you’ve asked out and (crucially) how well you know them. Fresh flowers can still play a part in the early stages of dating (especially around Valentine’s Day). However, there are a few things you should consider before you do so:
- Don’t bring a huge bouquet of 50 red roses to your first date. This will surely intimidate your beau.
- If you want to give flowers on your first date try something subtle like a single rose (ideally not red). Alternatively, something vibrant like a few colourful gerberas. Less is often more when it comes to first date flowers.
- How you give the flowers is just as crucial as what flowers you give. Try to inject a little humour or irony into the act if your relationship is still new.
- Make sure your special someone likes flowers!
- Wait until you’ve been on a couple of dates first before bringing flowers, just to be on the safe side. There’ll hopefully be plenty of time to impress her (or him) with flowers later.
The best flowers to give on a date
The classic choice when you want to show your romantic intentions with a bouquet of flowers. A single rose is seen as being synonymous of a declaration of love. Alternatively, a selection of two or three roses also sends a clear but restrained message.
A refined choice of flower for a lover who is equally as refined. Orchids are a longer lasting flower for the object of your affections to enjoy.
Gerberas offer a gleeful and colourful greeting to your loved one. These positive flowers are a great gift for your date. Not only bright and gorgeous, they are also some of the longest lasting cut flowers around.
Tulips are the perfect spring flower to give as a romantic gesture. They are one of our favourite alternatives to roses on Valentine’s Day. With their soft petals and green leaves, they are a fantastic flower that comes in many beautiful colours.
With the right flowers and a flourish of romance, you will hopefully be able to win the heart of your one true love.