Motivational and Inspirational quotes have the power to uplift the mood of readers and promote positive thinking, especially in difficult situations where the future may seem bleak. Such words have an even stronger effect if they have been quoted from influential and prominent people of the past or present. Today, many women face challenges in their career-life and personal relationships, and many positive quotes are targeted towards them. Ahead, we discuss:
- The psychological benefits of reading positive quotes for women
- Popular motivational and inspirational quotes on various topics
The Psychological Benefits of Reading Positive Quotes for Women
When one reads a positive or motivational quote, there is a coaching aspect that is intrinsically involved. If someone else believes that you can achieve your goals, it gives you more incentive to do just that. The same principle applies in real life. If an authority figure like a teacher, coach or mentor believes that you can achieve a certain goal, you are more likely to follow through and do it.
It is human nature to look up to famous people and authority figures. Such people include world leaders, celebrities and athletes. The most notable example that comes to mind is Oprah Winfrey; many women look up to her and take what she says as sound advice. Quotes from influential figures affect humans on a primal level and many assume that because such figures are successful, they are also wise.
Overall, positive quotes can activate the reader’s emotions and cause affirmative action. When quotes relate to a specific challenge that one is experiencing in life, they can be incredibly comforting to read, as the realization sets in that one is not alone during difficult times and that others have faced similar things.
Some Popular Motivational and Inspirational Quotes for Women
Quotes on Romantic Relationships
Romantic relationships can often be confusing to navigate. Positive quotes on romantic relationships can help shine a light on stressful or unfamiliar situations. They can also provide new insight on situations that have not been considered before. Below are a few positive quotes on the topic of romantic relationships.
- “As you remove toxic people from your life, you free up space and emotional energy for positive, healthy relationships.”- John Mark Green
- “A healthy relationship will never require you to sacrifice your friends, your dreams, or your dignity.” – Dinkar Kalotra
- “Daring to set boundaries is about having the courage to love ourselves even when we risk disappointing others.” – Brene Brown
- “I think the greatest gifts we can give each other in a relationship are the gifts of kindness and communication.”- Jane Green
- “If a man wants you, nothing can keep him away. If he doesn’t want you, nothing can make him stay.” – Oprah Winfrey
Quotes on Heartbreak
There are few things in life as painful as a broken heart and separating from an ex-partner can be an incredibly isolating experience. Many find solace in heartbreak quotes, realizing that the way they feel is just part of the human experience and is shared by many. In this way, certain quotes that truly resonate with a person can start the healing process and motivate the hurt individual to start moving on. Below are a few positive quotes on the topic of heartbreak.
- “I wish I were a little girl again because skinned knees are easier to fix than a broken heart.” -Julia Roberts
- “A broken heart is just the growing pains necessary so that you can love more completely when the real thing comes along. “ -J.S.B. Morse
- “A wounded deer leaps highest.” -Emily Dickinson
- “A soul mate is not the person who makes you the happiest, but the one who makes you feel the most.” – Sierra DeMulder
- “Love will come to you when it’s ready, not necessarily when you are.” – Danielle Shorr
Quotes on Achieving Goals
Nowadays, women can do it all, whether it is attaining a challenging professional degree, climbing the corporate ladder or starting their own business. Amid all the action, it is not uncommon for individuals to lose motivation or experience burnout. During such trying times when some may be consider quitting as an option, positive quotes from other successful females can be the perfect antidote to feelings of hopelessness. Below are a few positive quotes on the topic of goal achievement.
- “I don’t believe in failure. It’s not failure if you enjoyed the process.” -Oprah Winfrey
- “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness.” -Oprah Winfrey
- “I am lucky that whatever fear I have inside me, my desire to win is always stronger.” -Serena Williams,
- “I learned to always take on things I’d never done before. Growth and comfort do not coexist.” -Ginni Rometty
Quotes on Mental Health
Mental illnesses are quite prevalent in today’s day and age, particularly anxiety and depression. Suffering from a mental illness can be an isolating experience, and women are no exception to this. There are many positive and inspirational quotes for women that can be a source of hope and motivation to get help. Below are a few positive quotes on the topic of mental health.
- “There are parts of me that will always remain untamable, messy and reckless; but I refuse to apologize for it anymore.” -Kaitlin Foster
- “Every night her thoughts weighed heavily on her soul but every morning she would get up to fight another day, every night she survived.” -r.h. Sin
- “Some days I am a goddess. Some days I am a wild child. And some days I am a fragile mess. Most days I am a bit of all three. But every day, I am here, trying.” -S.C. Lourie
The internet is of positive and inspirational quotes for women. With all the options available on a variety of topics, one can always find a quote that resonates personally. It is remarkable to see how words beautifully strung together can impact a person’s emotions, thoughts and sometimes even course of action.