A mother is perhaps the most precious human being on earth. She’s careful, she’s strong, and she can do anything independently, just to make sure her kid(s) have everything they need. A mother is a role model, a friend, a partner, an ally, but the most important, a truthful definition of pure love.
On Mother’s Day, she needs to feel the most loved woman on Earth. Not only because it’s a day that you must celebrate her but because of her strength, power to sacrifice, unselfish personality, and spirituality.
In this article, we present some beautiful ways and quotes to transmit to your mother how grateful you are for having her. Let’s keep reading to find out more about:
* Meanings of The Word «Mother»
* Mother’s Day Traditions in Different Countries
* Mother’s Day Quotes Your Mom Needs to Hear
* Quotes That Describe Motherhood the Best
Meanings of The Word «Mother»
The word «mother» can be defined in thousands of ways, but the human being’s importance is much bigger. The letters in the word «mother» can have a variety of meanings. «magical, outstanding beauty, tremendous teacher, helpful, extraordinary, reliable and rich with love.»
The word «mother» if described in verb form is a combination of » to love, nourish, protect, teach, comfort, guide, nurture, support, embrace, cherish, reassure.» A mother is also «one person who does the work of twenty, for free».
The word mother can have different meanings in different languages: the Arabic «Ahm» , the Brazilian «Mae», the Belarusian «Matka», the Estonian «Ema», the Finnish «Aiti», the Filipino «Ina», the Malay «Ibu», the Spanish «Madre”; it doesn’t matter how many letters the word contains, but the feeling you get when you say it out aloud.
Mother’s Day Traditions in Different Countries
Mother’s Day is celebrated in distinct ways and different days all over the globe. In 2020, this day is in on 10th of May and celebrated by 48 countries.
In general, on this day, everyone needs to show their appreciation to their moms, grandmothers, mothers-in-law, stepmothers, or guardians. People can show their affection in many different ways like offering flowers, gifts, and cards to make them feel important. You can even take them out to dinner.
In China, for example, carnations are famous to be given on Mother’s Day. In Samoa, people organize dance and song performances for all the special women in their life. The favorite activities for the rest of the world are different methods used to express their feeling to their moms in a truthful, special way.
Mother’s Day Quotes Your Mom Needs to Hear
It’s most likely for a woman to enjoy attention, flowers and small gifts, but in the position of a mother she surely would feel more appreciated and love if you would tell her in a more unique way «I love you»:
* You don’t even need a fancy card to write this beautiful message: «When you look into your mother’s eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth.» (Mitch Albom) It transmits so many emotions, it would be as significant even if it’s handwritten on a white paper by her beloved child.
* «A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them» (Victor Hugo) may be a good quote to remind of your childhood with her.
* «A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one can take» (Cardinal Meymillod ) this quote highlights her being irreplaceable
* «A mother is the heartbeat in the home; and without her, there seems to be no heart throb.» -Leroy Brownlow
* «Mothers are like glue. Even when you can’t see them, they’re still holding the family together.» -Susan Gale
All these words would be enough to see sparkles in your mom’s eyes. She may forget about the huge bouquet that you purchased for her or the sweetness of any chocolate, but she may always remember the words you spoke to melt her heart. «My mother: she is beautiful, softened at the edges and tempered with spine of steel. I want to grow old and be like her.» -Jodi Picoult
* «To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its pert power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow.» – Maya Angelou
Quotes That Describe Motherhood the Best
If you are a new mother or a soon to be ‘mommy,’ you are probably going through a rough time. However, you have to be reminded that motherhood is a unique experience; the most beautiful and adventurous one of all.
When it’s your first celebration of Mother’s Day, you can now enjoy the time with your family and connect with the truthful words that they may express. Are you wondering how to bring appreciation and humor in the same phrase? «It’s not easy being a mother. If it were easy, fathers would do it.» -Dorothy, The Golden Girls in tandem. Read the following quotes to discover more quotes about motherhood.
* «Life doesn’t come with a manual; it comes with a mother.»
* «If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?» – Milton Berle
* «There’s no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. » -Jill Churchill
A good definition of motherhood could also be: «A mother is a person who, seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.» -Tenneva Jordan or «Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs, since the payment is pure love.» -Mildred Vermont.
All in all, there are so many words you can tell your mother to make her feel special on Mother’s Day, the most precious human being in the world! She might appreciate gifts and flowers but there is nothing better than meaningful words.