5 min read
Mothers play all the important and forming roles in their daughter’s life – a parent, an educator, a mentor, and, later, the best friend. They go to such extents that mothers are unique; they are perhaps the most special people in our life. If you are looking for the best mother daughter quotes, you are in the right place. We collected a few words of wisdom that are suitable to share with your mother or with your daughter, and express the deepest of feelings and show appreciation for such a special person in your life. Here are some sections you should check out:
* Quotes for Mothers
* Quotes for Daughters
* Mother Daughter Quotes
Quotes for Mothers
Each of us has the right to have certain secrets that we do not want to reveal to anyone. Mothers are usually our best partner and confidant, they help us go over our daily struggles and make our path smoother:
* “The mother is the bank where we put all our wounds and worries” (Thomas De Witt Talmage)
* “Mothers and daughters are closest when daughters become mothers” Moms usually feel when something is wrong with their children and do everything they can to find out what is going on with them. As a daughter, you might only get to understand this relationship when you become a mother yourself.
* “Moms are always worried. There’s no button to stop this” Priscille Sibley spoke some words of wisdom that might be great to use when moms are worrying as usual. It is impossible to ask them to stop this behavior, but this is what makes the relationship between mother and daughter special.
* “A mother laughs at our laughter, sheds our tears, loves our love, suffers our fear. Live our joys and sorrows and share our hopes and dreams” Julia Summers conveys how mothers have an almost supernatural ability to be there for us through all times, good or bad, and share our experiences. This is yet another aspect that is difficult to appreciate in words, but it is important to acknowledge it and show your mother that you know what she goes through.
* “Mom can wipe my tears over the phone” It is impossible to disregard the fact that mothers seem to read our minds sometimes. As touching as it might sound, there are always situations in which a mother’s touch is what you need. Pam Brown could not say this any better.
* “A mother forgives us all our mistakes, even a few we didn’t commit” Robert Brault throws in a drop of humor in one of the most general facts – whatever you do, your mother remains by your side. All of us can have moments when we feel that we need our mother to support us. But for some reason, we deny it. Share this quote with her to show your appreciation:
* “A mother is someone you run into when you’re in trouble” (Emily Dickinson)
Experts tell us that there is no shame in recognizing sometimes that we need our mother’s help. We should allow her to help us as much as she can. It is not a sign of weakness, and mothers are more than happy to know that they helped us when we needed it most. This only has the mission to strengthen our wonderful mother-daughter relationship: “Mom – a title just above the queen.”
Quotes for Daughters
More often than not, it is impossible for a mother, or a parent for that reason, to understand that children grow up. This can sometimes pressure the relationship as children demand more independence. Acknowledging this can go a long way to strengthen the connection between you two. If you are looking to share a piece of wisdom with your daughter, here might be some inspiration:
* “Raising a child means nothing to a mother. A child is a child. He may grow older, but grow up? What should that mean? In my (mother’s) heart it means nothing” (Toni Morrison)
* “Patience, my daughter, learn patience, and life will be easier.” Catherine Pulsifer
* “Never grow a wishbone, daughter, where your backbone ought to be.” Clementine Paddleford
* “Moments are more valuable now than years that are gone.” (Proverb)
Mother Daughter Quotes
Here is a short collection that attempts to encompass the complexity of mother-daughter relationships. From unique feelings to an everlasting bond, mothers and daughters share perhaps the strongest connections:
* “There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul”.
* “A daughter is just a little girl who grows up to be your best friend”.
These mother daughter quotes reveal how important and precious this relationship can be. The time spent between the mother and daughter cannot be replaced with anything in the world. This relationship is bound to exist forever, against any time constraints. No one can replace someone’s mother and no daughter can be replaced in her mother’s heart.
This is why it is important to take a short break from our busy lives and tell people we love how much they mean in our life. Mothers deserve the best as they can never be replaced by anyone else. And, as another mother daughter quote puts it, “No matter how old she may be, sometimes a girl just needs her mom!”