Mother’s Day comes around once every year in May. It’s a great day to celebrate the blessings that mothers are. Spending time together, sharing meals, and giving gifts are some of the ways people celebrate this day. It’s a time to remind mothers that they are loved and appreciated. Many people give cards and write notes to express their gratitude. Figuring out what to write in a Mother’s Day card may take a bit of time, but your heartfelt words can surely make your mother smile.
In this article, we are going to talk about:
- Choosing the card
- Writing the card
- Gifts for Mother’s Day
Choosing the Card
When Mother’s Day approaches, there is a lot of activity in the shops. It’s a big day in the United States and in many other parts of the world. Shops stock up with all kinds of gifts. There are sales and discounts available, and restaurants also offer promotions. There are many ways to enjoy the day with your mother and make sure she knows how much you love, honor, and appreciate her.
With all the gift shopping during this time, one thing that you are probably going to find yourself looking for is a Mother’s Day card. You shouldn’t have trouble finding this in a gift shop, bookstore, or another place where stationery is sold. There are also lots of great options online, and you can have a custom card made with your choice of personalization and even with your photos.
Choosing a card doesn’t have to be boring. While going for a simple and conventional Mother’s Day card is certainly fine, why not try an exciting and adventurous choice? There are cards with quirky and hilarious cartoons and captions. You can find something you know clicks with your mother’s sense of humor, her personality, and her interests. This way, you can give her a good laugh. There are also many companies that specialize in making unconventional cards. You can give her a nice surprise with a fun and unexpected card choice.
Writing the Card
Once you have picked out the card to give on Mother’s Day, you are ready to write your message. Most of the time, you are going to find a card with a message already in it, but there’s always plenty of space to add your own words. While doing so isn’t a necessity, it’s always sweet when someone puts their own words and heart in. Your message doesn’t have to be a long one, but it certainly adds something special, which your mother is probably read over and over again.
There’s room to say whatever you like. You can say something very sentimental or keep it fun and playful. Here are a few ideas about what to write in a Mother’s Day card for you to pick and choose from:
- If you are keeping your card and note short and sweet, you can simply say something like, “Happy Mother’s Day to an amazing mom!” or “Thank you for being you. Love you lots,” or “Sending you love and warm wishes on this Mother’s Day.”
- Gratitude- It’s always nice to thank someone for who they are and what they have done. You can say something as simple, yet meaningful, as, “Thanks for being the best mum in the world,” or “Thank you for your love and for always being a call away.” You can also make it a longer message and get specific about some of the things you are thankful for and things that your mother has done for you.
- Memories- There’s nothing like a good memory to warm the heart. You can remind your mother of a time she made a big sacrifice for you or a wild punishment she gave you when you were younger. It can be any memory that can make your mom smile or laugh or that you are particularly fond of. You could say something like, “I can never forget the time you grounded me for a whole semester in high school. I was angry then, but that helped me get focused and prepared for college.” You could even go with a random funny memory of something she did or said or with something she always used to say.
- Humor- We have already talked about humor. If you have a knack for cracking jokes or your mother does, add some humor to your message. You can link this to memories from the past or just be funny and use random jokes that you know your mum is going to love.
- Meaningful and sentimental- Saying words from the heart, along with gratitude, are also powerful words for a card message. You could say something like, “I know I drive you crazy sometimes, but you are the one person I know I can count on,” or “I don’t tell you that I love you enough, but I do with all my heart.”
- Inspirational- You know the dreams and hopes that your mother has. You can also take this opportunity to share an inspiring quote, encourage her to pursue her goals, and express your faith in her. Support goes both ways, and as we get older, we can be more of a support to our mothers than we were in younger years.
Gifts for Mother’s Day
Along with your card, you might also want to give your mother a gift. There are plenty of great Mother’s Day ideas. You can go big and elaborate or keep it simple. Giving flowers is a lovely way to appreciate your mother. FloraQueen delivers Mother’s Day flowers all over the world, so even if you can’t see your mother on the day, we can get the gift to her. We also have cards, chocolate baskets, stuffed animals, and other great add-on gifts.
Make this Mother’s Day special with a heartfelt message for your mom. It’s not the length of what you write that matters but the fact that you did. The tips here can help you say what you need to in a card or note on Mother’s Day.