Being thankful and expressing your gratitude is an essential part of being joyful in life. Finding the proper way to thank others for their kindness or even reminding ourselves just how much we have to be thankful for can be rewarding. Whether you’re crafting a custom thank you card or planning your thank you cards for the holiday season, these thank you quotes can provide you with the inspiration you need. Add a charming touch to your thank you feelings with our collection of appreciation quotes and thank you phrases below.
As you read this, you can learn the following:
Thankful Quotes and Sayings
Did you know that gratitude is an essential component of healthy relationships and is a manifestation of emotional and social intelligence? Buddha and Cicero, spiritual masters, and philosophers have celebrated gratitude time and again.
Today, research in psychology confirms that gratitude makes people happy and even improves health. Here are some of the best quotes about being thankful and that you can use on various occasions.
We could all use a little reminder for the many things we have to be thankful for, no matter how big or small. Use these motivational quotes in cards or display them around the house to remind yourself why you’re thankful.
* “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough”. Oprah Winfrey
* “I have a lot to be thankful for. I am healthy, happy and I am loved”. Reba McEntire
* “Be true to yourself, help others, make each day your masterpiece, make friendship a fine art, drink deeply from good books – especially the Bible, build a shelter against a rainy day, give thanks for your blessings and pray for guidance every day”. John Wooden
* “Make it a habit to tell people thank you. To express your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return. Truly appreciate those around you, and you’ll soon find many others around you. Truly appreciate life, and you’ll find that you have more of it”. Ralph Marston
* “Let me encourage you to get up every day and focus on what you do have in life. Be thankful for the blessings of the little things, even when you don’t get what you expect.” Victoria Osteen
Thankfulness Sayings for a Joyful Life
Gratitude and recognition constitute a state of mind; a psychological disposition that allows us to evolve more serenely in our daily life. Gratitude is accompanied by a profound and positive feeling that helps to make us happy.
* “When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself.” Tecumseh
* “If you are really thankful, what do you do? You share.” W. Clement Stone
* “Every morning, I wake up and think about 10 different things I’m thankful for, and I continue to spread that love throughout the day, always visualizing, meditating, and growing.” Shameik Moore
* “It’s important you stay professional and keep working, and I’m thankful for everything that’s happened to me.” Dele Alli
* “Be thankful for everything that happens in your life; it’s all an experience.” Roy T. Bennett
* “He enjoys much who is thankful for little.” Thomas Secker
Knowing how to be thankful for the little things in life makes you happy. It can change your life and even turn what is negative into something positive. It can give joy in your daily work, provide meaning and clarity to the chaos you are going through at the moment; transform the pain of uncertainty into a blessing, or bring serenity to your day that started badly. Moreover, knowing how to be grateful daily allows us to fight stress better and make us aware that we need others and we should take care of those around us. It means knowing how to direct our attention towards the happy things in our life and divert it from what we are missing.
* “I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.” G.K. Chesterton
* “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” Robert Brault
* “Gratitude turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity…it makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” Melody Beattie
Being thankful has many virtues. Gratitude is not just saying thank you here and there. It allows us to put our eyes back on God and his blessings. Thankfulness is a powerful remedy to illness, self-pity, and criticism. It makes us appreciate God’s graces that are renewed every day.
* “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” Oprah Winfrey
* “Pride slays thanksgiving, but a humble mind is the soil out of which thanks naturally grow. A proud man is seldom a grateful man, for he never thinks he gets as much as he deserves.” Henry Ward Beecher
* “Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds.” Theodore Roosevelt
Inspiring Motivational Quotes about Gratitude
The more grateful you are, the more you attract good things around you – Be thankful for the things you have. On the contrary, if you focus on what you don’t have, you can never be satisfied.
* “It’s not happiness that brings us gratitude. It’s gratitude that brings us happiness.” — Anonymous
* “Today, I choose to live with gratitude for the love that fills my heart, the peace that rests within my spirit, and the voice of hope that says all things are possible.”— Anonymous
* “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues but the parent of all others.”— Cicero
* “I was complaining that I had no shoes till I met a man who had no feet.”— Confucius
For a more serene life, let’s learn to appreciate the little things in life and to be grateful for what we have. People who know how to express their gratitude outside as well as inside, are healthier people, who appreciate their well-being because they focus more on their positive emotions. Thankfulness is a philosophy of life that can be learned, and that can allow you to explore happiness and get closer to it every day. Making gratitude a priority is not only incredible, but it can also help you to be more successful. If appreciation doesn’t come naturally to you, don’t despair, anyone can learn to be more grateful and make it a habit! Even if you tend to be pessimistic.