5 min read
In this article, we are going to cover:
- Flower specific quotes
- Flower quotes by occasion
Flower Specific Quotes
Whatever the flower, there is a good chance that there is a quote associated with that specific one.
Rose – The rose, especially the red rose, is commonly associated with love and passion. Roses are a popular flower choice to give someone we love and care about deeply. Some quotes that have the word rose or represent the rose include:
- Time to smell the roses – Proverb
- A rose dreams of enjoying the company of bees, but none appears. The sun asks: Aren’t you tired of waiting? Yes, answers the rose, ‘but if I close my petals, I will wither and die. – Paulo Coelho
- The world is a rose, smell it, and pass it to your friends – Persian Proverb
- True love is like little roses, sweet, fragrant in small doses – Ann Claudia Antunes
- A life filled with love must have some thorns, but a life empty of love will have no roses – Anonymous
- A relationship is like a rose. How long it lasts, no one knows. – Rob Cella
Daffodil – This specific flower is one that symbolizes rebirth and new beginnings. This is a type of flower you would give someone who has just received a new job promotion, moved to a new home, or is merely turning the page on life. They are a great pick-me-up flower as well.
Quotes for daffodils include:
- One daffodil is worth a thousand pleasures; then one is too few. – William Wordsworth
- Daffodils that come before the swallow dares, and take the winds of March with beauty. – William Shakespeare
- Daffodils are yellow trumpets of spring – Richard L. Ratliff
- Then my heart with pleasures fills and dances with the daffodils – Williams Wordsworth
Lilies – The lily is a flower that has been known to symbolize devotion and purity. Given there are so many different colors of the lily, each color can represent something different. For example, a white lily represents virtue, while a red lily represents passion.
Here are some examples of flower quotes involving the lily:
- A lily or a rose never pretends, and its beauty is that it is what it is – Jiddu Krishnamurti
- There is a garden in her eyes, where roses and white lilies flow. – Thomas Champion
- And lilies white, prepared to touch the whitest thought, nor soil much, of a dreamer, turned to lover – Elizbeth Barrett Browning
- The lily and the rose in her fair face striving for precedence – Nathaniel Parker Willis
Sunflower – This bright and often tall flower symbolizes loyalty and longevity. Whether you are giving or if you have received sunflowers, they are often associated with happiness and positivity. Then again, how could you not find yourself smiling at these bright flowers?
Quotes about sunflowers include:
- The road to freedom is bordered with sunflowers – Martin Firrell
- Keep your face to the sunshine, and you cannot see the shadow. It’s what sunflowers do. – Helen Keller
- True friends are like bright sunflowers that never fade away, even over distance and time. – Marie Williams Johnstone
- The sunflower is a favorite emblem of constancy – Thomas Bulfinch
Flower Quotes by Occasion
- Love is the flower you’ve got to let grow – John Lennon
- Every flower blooms in its own time – Ken Petti
- Like a wildflower; you must allow yourself to grow in all the places people thought you never would – Anonymous
Anniversary – Surprise your partner with flowers and a card featuring these romantic flower quotes.
- A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love – Anonymous
- Love is flower-like; friendship is like a sheltering tree – Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- If I had a single flower for every time I think about you; I could walk forever in my garden – Claudie Adrienne Grandi
- Flowers don’t worry about how they’re going to bloom. They just open up and turn toward the light and make them beautiful. – Jim Carrey
- The very best relationship has a gardener and a flower. The gardener nurtures and the flower blooms. – Carole Radziwill
Death – Sometimes, one of the hardest things to write and find the right words to say are when we have to discuss grief and loss. Even finding the right floral arrangement can be difficult during this time. Here are some flower quotes to help when one encounters a situation where they must write about death and loss.
- Don’t be ashamed to weep; ‘tis right to grieve. Tears are only water, and flowers, trees, and fruit cannot grow without water. But there must be sunlight also. A wounded heart will heal in time, and when it does, the memory and love of our lost ones are sealed inside to comfort us. – Brian Jacques
- A flower knows when its butterfly will return, and if the moon walks out, the sky will understand; but now it hurts to watch you leave so soon. – Sanober Khan
- He said that we belonged together because he was born with a flower, and I was born with a butterfly and that flowers and butterflies need each other for survival. – Gemma Malley
Whatever the occasion or the flower, there is undoubtedly a quote or words to inspire and help you express what it is you feel. Flowers can communicate what we cannot in words. Either because we don’t know how to say what we think or because flowers have this power that can without doing anything bring comfort and peace. Think about all the times you have ever received or given a rose, a lily, how that simple gesture can invoke such joy, such happiness.
The next time you are looking for the perfect gift or a way to show appreciation – go with flowers, they are indeed the perfect gift for any and every occasion.