5 min read
* Quotes About Roses and Their Meanings
* Funny Quotes About Roses
Quotes About Roses and Their Meanings
By comparing the most precious woman in your life with such a beautiful, gracious, and elegant flower like a rose you can be sure that the spark in her eyes returns and she might feel very appreciated, loved and special. Here are some ideas of quotes about roses with deep meanings, suitable to share with your loved ones or simply to remind you of the beauty of life:
* “If you love a rose, you have to love its thorns too.” This would be such an emotional quote to say when the woman you love has a rough time or had a bad day. This helps to remember that even the most beautiful things have imperfections, but this only makes them even more appreciated.
* Describing the feeling of love can also be easily compared with roses because, as it features many beautiful, colorful petals, it also comes with thorns. It can symbolize the “together for better or worse” in a relationship. “If love was a rose bush, the thorns are the basis on which selection is made of those who really deserve the affection which we all eagerly seek”.
* A rose can become a motivational item for some people, also because of its appearance: “The fact of life is that pain and pleasure reside just side by side. Just like the roses and the thorns, you cannot have one without the other.”
* This precious flower can also be a lesson we have to learn about love and appreciation: “We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses blooming outside our windows today.” The quote written by Dale Carnegie expresses our tendency of dreaming about more and more material things instead of being grateful for our journey and to admit that all we have is more than enough for our happiness.
* Paulo Coelho highlights the importance of self-love and self-appreciation, which seems to be a problem nowadays too: “The rose is a rose from the time it is a seed to the time it dies. Within it, at all times, it contains its full potential, it seems to be constantly in the process of change. Yet at each state, at each moment, it is perfectly all right as it is.” The evolution of a person, each change that happens unexpectedly is compared with the metamorphosis of a rose. Paulo Coelho perhaps wants to remind us that we have to embrace every event that happens in our life because it contributes to what we truly are as a whole.
The most well-known significance of a rose is that it represents love. That’s why we probably consider buying a bouquet of roses for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day or any other important celebration. Anyhow, different colors can have different meanings. A white rose symbolizes purity and innocence, while a red rose transmits sensuality and passion. A rose should be associated with beautiful, sentimental quotes, so that the receiver’s feelings get amplified significantly:
* “When love came first to earth, the Spring spread rose-beds to receive him.” -Thomas Campbell
* “Love is much like a wild rose, beautiful and calm but willing to draw blood in its defense.” -Mark Overby
* “A life filled with love must have some thorns, but a life empty of love will have no roses”
* “A woman is like a rose…If you take good care of her, you will see love blossom.”
Such beautiful feelings can be expressed in just a few words and by offering a rose. Some women really appreciate a man who can express his true feelings. You might probably make her yours forever with these kinds of words. But the most important is to be honest and put a piece of your soul in each act of love towards her. These quotes about roses can go a long way in terms of love declarations, as the little things in life can have a huge impact on someone.
Funny Quotes About Roses
If all of us have a common point, across cultures and nations, it is laughing. Offer someone a good laugh and she might fell in love with you over and over again. Here are some great quotes for your loved one that guarantee a smile:
* “Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses.” – Alphonse Karr
* “I don’t know whether nice people tend to grow roses or growing roses makes people nice” -Roland A Browne
* “An idealist is one who, on noticing that a rose smells better than a cabbage, concludes that it makes a better soup.” – H.L. Mencken
* “Marriage is like life: it is a field of battle, not a bed of roses.” -Robert Louis Stevenson
All in all, roses provide a deeper significance even it is regarding love, power of sacrifice, self-love, motivation, or happiness. They can contribute to a brighter mood, an expression of feelings, and beautify any celebration.
Even though they have different meanings due to their variety of colors, giving a bouquet of roses with a combination of some deep feelings expressed by words might switch the mood of anybody. In the end, it won’t even matter the shade of red, the season or the celebration; if someone feels appreciated, you can instantly see it in their eyes.